Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I’m Loving Wednesday

There has been some blog neglect lately due to schoolwork, but now I have finally caught up and am able to breathe. Hopefully, tomorrow I will make up for the “Best of Instagram,” and I am also cooking up some other blog ideas for later in the week. Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope it is grand!

First off, I am loving the sweet card that arrived in my mailbox today. My mom sent me my proof of insurance for my car in the mail, and my oldest niece, Bailee, picked out a lovely card to go with it. Mom said she chose it because she said I would “love the flowers and the chair”. Well, she was right; I do love it. I also love how it says “Sow seeds of love and kindness”. What a good reminder :) Also, look at that cute five year-old writing. You know it is precious.

carmen_birthday 249 carmen_birthday 250

I am loving the amazing sandwich Amber made for me today for our writing center meeting. It was absolutely delicious, and it looked as good as it tasted. Spinach, tomato, mushroom, sundried tomato pesto, and basil pesto all slapped together on whole wheat. Brilliant.

carmen_birthday 246

I am loving that my book review of Ethan Frome is practically done, and I don’t have to spend tonight and the earlier morning hours finishing it up! It only requires a little bit more editing, and then that sucker is getting printed and ready to turn in. I have been working tirelessly all week between studying for midterms to get ahead on my assignments so I can enjoy tonight and relax. And I have ever intention of doing just that.

carmen_birthday 245

Having said that, I’m loving that tonight is trivia night at Hey Joe’s! This has become a weekly ritual with some of my dear Cleveland friends, and it is a perfect way to get through the week and celebrate the fact that the weekend is just on the horizon.

trivia

Moreover, Hey Joe’s! is having a Sadie Hawkins dance tonight after trivia that I am super excited about. I am a firm believer in men initiating interest with women (including in dancing). If a man wants to dance, he should have enough guts to ask. But, I might just have to make an exception tonight because of the rules that go along with Sadie Hawkins. Also, a band that was started up by some people that I went to high school with is playing. I am looking forward to hearing them and doing something a little different on this Leap Day. sadiehawk

Once again, I hope you have a great Wednesday and are embracing the little things that you love and that make this Wednesday and your life that much better. Oh, I almost forgot... HAPPY LEAP DAY!

2 comments:

Nicole Calvert Boettcher said...

I want to go to the dance so bad, but I have class AND my paper is still kind of floating around in my head. :( Have fun!

Olivia said...

Aww, I wish you and Caleb could come! Maybe another day :)