Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Week, Instagram Style #5

So, I am little,wait… let me rephrase that, REALLY late on linking up with Jenni for the “Best of Instagram”. I put aside blogging this past weekend and week because of school work, but now things are starting to slow back down. I thought about skipping this week, but decided that I had too good of a time last week not to share.

carmen_birthday 230 carmen_birthday 046

1. You probably cannot tell from the picture, but in front of that car is a  vehicle moving farm equipment and another truck with flashing lights that says “Caution: Wide Load”. They took up all the lanes, and myself and several other cars were forced to follow them for a good 20 minutes or more. At some points we were only going 40 mph. Surprisingly, I did not get too frustrated but just turned up my music and enjoyed my drive back down to the delta. Traffic issues due to farm equipment is the norm down here.

2. Mine and Amber’s new shoes: my sparkly gold flats and her new running shoes.

carmen_birthday 044 carmen_birthday 042

3. The Confidante hosted a poetry night Wednesday, and pictured above is the English department chair and my American Lit professor reading a poem.

4. I read my professor Mike Smith’s poem, “Grief,” on his behalf. It was so lovely and moving that I actually teared up a little.

carmen_birthday 231 carmen_birthday 101

5. On Thursday my sweet girls spent the night, and Bailee and I decided to get beautiful by applying an avocado face mask. Adorable. I know.

6. I woke up Friday morning and found Cooper and all his cuteness playing in the kitchen. I simply could not resist taking some pictures.

carmen_birthday 136  carmen_birthday 137

7. & 8. Mom and I took a quick trip to Oxford on Friday night to shop at Belks. We did not find what we were looking for, but we did have a wonderful time wandering on the square for a little bit. We stopped in the famous Square Books. You know you are in Oxford when they have a whole entire bookshelf dedicated to William Faulkner (who is pictured at the top of the stairs).

carmen_birthday 138 carmen_birthday 135

9. South Depot Taco Shop: one of my favorite places to eat in Oxford. People were lined up to the door and it was extremely crowded. Needless to say, we did not eat there. However, that gives us another excuse to come back to the lovely city of Oxford. We ended up eating at Old Venice, which was delish. I recommend the eggplant parmesan.

10. Bop’s. The best frozen custard and tamales around. I got my usual: Amazin’ Grace full of raspberry and cheesecake goodness. Let me tell ya, I was one happy girl.

carmen_birthday 139 carmen_birthday 205

11. A view of the square at night from the top floor of Square books. Eventually, Mom and I will have an Oxford day so she can fully experience the city and see it in the day time.

12. I saw this fabulous, colorful sign at Target, and it made me very happy. I couldn’t agree more, Target.

carmen_birthday 217 carmen_birthday 218

13. Mom and I stopped for a quick photo shoot at a local cotton gin. That story and those pictures will have to be for another day and blog post.

14. Niece lovin’ with Bailee.

carmen_birthday 221 carmen_birthday 232

15. Saturday we celebrated my youngest niece’s 2nd birthday at her Dora the Explorer themed party.

16. I don’t know why, but I adore this picture. I think I like the innocence that is captured in her face as she is offering me her orange sucker. And, I felt like her cuteness needed to be shared.

Happy March 1st, ya’ll!

No comments: