Friday, February 24, 2012

Confessional Friday

Today I am properly linking up with Leslie for “Confessional Friday”. I hope you enjoy this beautiful Friday and have a lovely weekend!

  • Given the choice, I will almost always have my photos in color than in black and white.  I love color way too much, so why take it out of life?
  • Speaking of color, if I could, I would decorate everything in multicolored/rainbow palettes.
  • I have a long lost dream of being a ballerina.
  • I am usually very oblivious. I feel like I go through life seeing, but not really seeing people and details.
  • I wish I could have met either of my grandfathers.
  • I am terribly obsessed with lace.
  • I want to slide on a ladder in a library like Belle in Beauty and the Beast.
  • I adore the smell of books, new or old.
  • I am really particular about my books. I like them to be in the best shape possible, and I will cut you if you tear or fold a page.
  • I cannot walk or cut in a straight line.
  • I judge men by the type of shoes they wear.
  • For an English major, I am terrible at grammar.
  • I would rather read a paper of value with a clear and meaningful message/argument than a paper with perfect grammar and no real thought.
  • I have always wanted to play the cello or violin.
  • I think a man kissing a woman’s hand is one of the most romantic gestures.
  • I think this quote from Edith Wharton’s “The Other Two” pretty much defines my life: “Waythorn was an idealist. He always refused to recognise unpleasant contingencies till he found himself confronted with them, and then he saw them followed by a special train of consequences”.
  • I cannot see a pineapple without thinking of Psych.

3 comments:

L.Koch said...

Oh my oh my! I loved this post!

Nicole Calvert Boettcher said...

Dr. Hays would be so proud his class is making such an impact here on your blog! :)

Olivia said...

Leah, I love you!

Nicole, I guess I have been writing about American Lit a lot. Weird. Best not to tell Dr. Hays; it might give him a big head ;)