Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Week, Instagram Style #7

I had a wonderful week. What made it so grand? My weekend, of course. I spent the majority of my weekend with some good friends, and as we all know, the people who are in our lives are what makes it special. One big thing that happened this weekend was that my best friend Sydney Smith came home for her spring break! She has been at the Air Force Academy in Colorado for nine months where she has had to go through hell and back and work hard every day to prove that she can handle the military. Well, guess what! She did it! She was recognized last week and does not have to put up with crap from upperclassmen anymore. I seriously could not be anymore proud of her. She had a dream, gave up securities, and did everything in her power to make her dream happen. I think “persevering” is the word that best describes her, and I am pretty positive the words “giving up” are not in her vocabulary. I didn’t get any pictures from hanging out with her this weekend, but she will hopefully be coming down to Cleveland tomorrow. So, I will make up for lack of pictures then :) Have a lovely week everyone!

 instachillin 001 instachillin 002

1. This is my favorite page from a book that I bought for 10cents at a library in Uniontown, PA. It is titled There is a Dragon in My Bed, and it tells how to say various silly phrases in French. I gave this book to my French major friend, Nicole, in hopes that it might be of some use when she teaches one day.

2. I stayed late on Thursday to hear a lecture by a Shakespeare professor candidate on the Corpse/Corpus in Hamlet and Hamletmachine. She rocked the presentation, and I would love to sit in on one of her Shakespeare classes.

instachillin 003 instachillin 004

3. & 4. Some of my favorite little people representing my favorite local universities! Cooper looks like a true Ole Miss student here: dazed and confused. Carmen is as cute as ever.

instachillin 005 instachillin 006

5. Cooper playing his favorite game: throw the ball. Over and over and over again.

6. Anna Kate and my flower collection for our craft. Most of these were gathered from a lady’s yard in Hernando who we meet randomly, started talking to, and became fast friends with. She willing helped us in our endeavor with her beautiful garden.

instachillin 010 instachillin 008

7. & 8. The fruits of our labors. Anna Kate found a craft from another blog that was perfect for Spring. You put flowers between paper and thin white cloth and hammer the flowers until they bleed through. It was fun but kind of loud and exhausting.

 instachillin 007instachillin 009

9. & 10. Anna Kate and I had some delicious food. We went to the Brick Oven Pizza in Hernando, and featured above is their delicious margherita pizza. Later we made chocolate chip loaves, because loaves are much more fun than muffins. Not only was our food great, but we had a lovely time talking and hanging out. A perfect Friday night.

instachillin 011 instachillin 013

11. & 12.  My new favorite nail polish: Mermaid’s Tears. I got a pedicure on Saturday, and I instantly fell in love with this polish. So much so that I bought it. Let me tell ya, no buyer’s remorse here.

instachillin 014 oct 002

13. Saturday, I spent the afternoon helping Melanie with various wedding preparations. We planned, prepared, talked, laughed, punched out little umbrellas and overall took care of business.

14. Sunday, my family and about 40 other people from my church went and saw October Baby. It was a fantastic movie and story. I highly encourage all to go see it. But be warned, one tissue will not be enough. Trust me.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing your week. It was fun to live vicariously through you. (And I want to try that pizza some time.)

Anna Kate said...

Ahaha, favorite part: "It was fun but kind of loud and exhausting." True story!

Olivia said...

Mrs. Beth! Come to MS, and I will most certainly treat you to some pizza!

Nicole Calvert Boettcher said...

My favorite page is "Excuse me policeman, I have lost my child" because I actually might need that one one day. Caleb is very forgetful and loses things quite easily. :) But i love my book very much.

Olivia said...

Yah!!! Glad you like it!