Friday, March 16, 2012

Confessional Friday

Oh, I am so, so behind. Spring break is the time to catch up on life, right? Well, I must admit, I have not done a single thing to get ahead on school work or improve my blog. But, I have been having an amazing time and making wonderful memories up here in Pennsylvania with some of the most loving people: the Cook family. I am so grateful for this time and opportunity, and I must confess that I love them and kinda, sorta want to stay here for a while or just move off from Mississippi. Who knows what the future holds.

So here goes the real confessions:

  • Goldie Hawn movies such as First Wives Club, Overboard, and Protocol are some of my guilty pleasure movies.
  • I enjoy learning new facts about people.
  • I have always wanted to be a tour guide at a historical place such as a plantation or old home.
  • I have recently realized that for almost every phrase said by someone else, it makes me think of a song, and if I do not start singing out loud then I sing in my head. I also realize that my entire family does this.
  • I can eat and enjoy raw sauerkraut from a can.
  • Anything having to do with World War II fascinates me.
  • I do not like shopping for specific things; it never works out. Like with most things in life, when you are not looking for it, you find it.
  • While driving on Wednesday to Greensburg, I must confess that I was very confused and concerned for a cow that had its tail sticking up. I freaked out thinking the cow had a mutation, only to be informed by Leah and Sarah that the cow was merely using the bathroom. I felt stupid.
  • I am fascinated by people who live in seclusion such as nuns, Amish, fundamentalist Mormons, and princesses locked away in towers.
  • I love magazines and have a secret desire to work for one.
  • I wish I was a better piano player and could play by ear. I do realize though that the only thing stopping me is myself.
  • Usually, when packing for a trip, I pack the night before, and I am still packing even up until the last minute before walking out the door.
  • I love the fact that I have a constant camera with my iPhone. I am all the time taking pictures.
  • I have never seen any of the Peanut’s holiday movies.
  • These past few days in the Cook’s home surrounded by six kids has only affirmed that: 1. I love children and want some of my own one day 2. There is very few sounds better than kids laughing 3. It is one of the sweetest things to have kids who love you and love on you.
  • Before coming to Pennsylvania I had never heard of, nor worn “snow pants”.
  • I am terribly slow at putting up pictures on Facebook, and this fact drives my mother crazy. It will be a miracle if I get my pictures of Pennsylvania up any time soon.  But here is some for all of you, because generally, I confess, I like the blogosphere much better than Facebook:

 

LIFE 985        This is Arrena and Zeb. They are pretty spectacular.

LIFE 1296  Leah and myself riding up the incline to snow tube.

LIFE 1295 

Even though this picture is blurry, I still adore it because this shows five of the six little Cooks and myself playing “Crack the Egg”. This picture has a very Lord of the Flies vibe to it as heathen children jump and scream in a circle.

LIFE 1272

This is yesterday at the Carnegie museum in Pittsburgh with the ever wonderful and oh-so-lovely Sarah and Leah Cook.

And as these Pennsylvanians would say:

“Have a great Friday, yinz!”

Ok, one last confession: I think the word “yinz” is much more impractical and ignorant sounding than “y’all”  :)

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: