Friday, March 23, 2012

February Photo Challenge…only a month late

One of my favorite things about the iPhone is that I always have a camera. I take multiple pictures on a daily basis, and thanks to the iPhone app Instagram, you can make your regular iPhone photos look pretty decent. Another thing I love about Instagram is that you take pictures of the everyday things that surround your life and bring to light that they really are the special things. Each month there is a challenge to take pictures of specific things every day. And since this is Friday and I usually make confessions, I will admit that I was not very good about keeping up with the challenge everyday. Many of my pictures were not taken on the exact day they were suppose to. Another confession that I confessed last time is that I am extremely slow about putting pictures up on the Internet, and this post is proof. Have a great Friday everyone.

feb 

more 015 more 028

1. Your view: Buddha texting at the bar at Hey Joe’s on Trivia Night.

2. Words: Isaiah 26:3

more 035  hattiesburg 001

3. Hands: Carmen, Bailee, and my hands

4. Stranger: Ethan Frome

hattiesburg 002 hattiesburg 003

5. 10 a.m.: Driving back to Cleveland and getting on the Tunica exit

6. Dinner: Salad in a to-go box from the cafe

hattiesburg 037 banquet 020

7. Button: My Jane Austen and Shakespeare buttons given by the Fords that currently reside on my backpack.

8. Sun: Sol beer. In Spanish “sol” means sun.

photochallenge 476 photochallenge 477

9. Front door: My door at school.

10. Self-portrait: Myself in my favorite jacket.

photochallenge 478 photochallenge 479

11. Makes you happy: My McArthur Study Bible and Jesus Calling.

12. Closet: My messy closet at home.

photochallenge 480 photochallenge 481

13. Blue: The one blue wall in my dorm.

14. Heart: I am all the time getting invitations to ethnic parties. Obviously, they have heard about my ghetto dancing skills. In this heart it says “no sagging pants,” “no baseball caps,” and '”no handcupping" (whatever that means).

photochallenge 482 photochallenge 483

15. Phone: This is Dr. Ford’s phone. Look at that thing. It is one of the old Nokias that could probably survive an atomic bomb, and you can play “Snake” on it.

16. New: New shampoo that makes me happy for two reasons: 1. I like the exotic smell 2. The blue color and the fact that Moroccan is in the title makes me feel like princess Jasmine.

photochallenge 484 photochallenge 485

17. Time: My favorite time of day simply because that is my birthday.

18. Drink: My National Guard water bottle that is always on my desk in my dorm.

photochallenge 486 photochallenge 487

19. Something you hate to do: Leave these sweet kids on Monday morning.

20. Handwriting: One of my daily note cards for American Lit.

photochallenge 488 photochallenge 491

21. Favorite photo of you: Me in a clown outfit that my Mamaw made and all of the grandkids wore for their first Halloween.

22. Where you work: The Writing Center at Delta State.

photochallenge 489 photochallenge 490

23. Shoes: My new glittery gold shoes

24. Inside bathroom cabinet: Bathroom cabinet at home.

photochallenge 503 carmen_birthday 245

25. Green: Green notebook made out of papyrus paper that Sydney gave me for Christmas. I absolutely love it!

26. Night: Writing my Ethan Frome book review.

photochallenge 504 photochallenge 505

27. Something you ate: Celery

28. Money: Leftover Mexican currency that will be put to use this year when I go to Mexico.

ginshow 061

29. Something you are listening to: Dandy and (most of) the Lions at the Sadie Hawkins Dance.

Maybe I will be more on top of things with my March photo challenge, but I doubt it. Happy Friday! :)

1 comment:

Nicole Calvert Boettcher said...

Reason #4546 I need an Iphone- There is NO Android version of instagram. Nothing even close. I feel so left out!

The picture of the Sol is my favorite (of course the one of alcohol would be MY favorite...) But your month looked pretty fabulous.