Friday, January 13, 2012

Break’s Over…but I’ve got pictures!

So, my Christmas break ended this week as I headed back down to the delta to continue this thing they call “higher education”. However, before anyone starts to feel too sorry, I am currently writing this post from my home because of my awesome schedule (check out my previous post to see what I mean).

I had a very interesting Christmas break, and it was far from what I had originally planned or expected. As I have already established in my first post, I am not too keen on change, and I love traditions. Christmas is a time that my family and I have TONS of traditions, like watching White Christmas while decorating the tree, our annual spaghetti dinner, going to our church’s cantata together, watching Scrooge on Christmas Eve, decorating sugar cookies, mine and dad’s last minute shopping, etc. Well, needless to say most of those traditions were forgone this year all because I took an impulsive trip to Florida. However, the trip to Florida was well worth shaking up Christmas traditions for, and it was a trip that I definitely needed. I think this unconventional Christmas break was a way of God showing me that I cannot control my life no matter how many safe roads and traditions I follow. So, here is my break in pictures. Enjoy!

Naples, Florida

  Iphone 009Iphone 029Iphone 117

  The purpose of the trip was so my friends Micah (pictured above) and his brother Aaron could visit  their older brother Josh. Micah’s sweet girlfriend Jenna (also pictured above) came along as well. We spent many days at the pool, we went to the beach, drank sparkling grape juice while watching the sunset, and had an overall relaxing trip.

New Iphone 4s

Iphone 022

I have not had a new phone in almost five years, and I managed to break my camera when I was in Ireland last March. All that said, I got a new Iphone  to take care of the above issues right before Florida, and what a wonderful Christmas present it has turned out to be!

 

 

Psych

Iphone 028

I bought the first four seasons of Psych on Black Friday. Let me tell ya… Mom and I are addicted. I watched Psych almost every day. No lie.

 

 

 

 

New Car

Iphone 021

I got a new car for my birthday, which was totally unexpected. My grandmother stopped driving this beauty about three years ago and was looking to get rid of it. Well, my brother said my car could not take another hit, and as much as I travel back and forth between school we decided it was time for a new vehicle. I absolutely love my blazer!

Birthday

Iphone 010

That’s right. I turned 21! We went to celebrate at Panchos, and I recommend their delicious lime margaritas :)

 

 

 

 

 

Crayon Art

Iphone 011

Some good friends of mine decided that we needed to have girl’s night and make crayon art. What a fun, but tedious project. It is definitely worth trying!

 

 

 

 

Crocheting

Iphone 238

It did not matter. I could be riding in a car to Florida or watching Psych, I was crocheting like there was no tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

New Year’s Eve

Iphone 013

My good friends Anna Kate and Mark put together a New Year’s Eve shindig complete with dinner at Olive Garden, cheesecake on the square, games, and fellowship. It was a lovely way to ring in the new year.

 

 

 

Nieces

Iphone 229

Last, but certainly not least, my break can be summed up in these two sweet girls. I spent the majority of  my days babysitting them with my mom, and they  make me realize how blessed my life truly is.

1 comment:

Anna Kate said...

ahaha, that picture of Micah and Jenna. :)