Monday, June 25, 2012

A Brief Hiatus

Oh, hello reader-friends! It has been quite a while since I have managed to be present in the blogosphere. Between the end of school craziness, maid of honor duties, traveling, and just life itself, I have been overwhelmed and not had time to write a decent post. My last post promised to be updated in two weeks. Well, that hasn’t happened, obviously. It is just one of those situations where you become so overwhelmed by all you have to do and say, that instead of actually being productive, you just sit and let more things accumulate as you think about actually doing something. You’ve all been there.

To be honest, I have missed blogging. I have missed writing, sharing, and connecting with people. I started this blog to test out a different form of writing from the analytical papers that are required in college, and as a result of my experiment, I have found that I love this form. I love the challenge of writing about personal matters. One would think that writing about yourself and your life would come easy, but it takes a spoonful of courage to be honest and raw. And that is the challenge. I am not making some impersonal, analytical statement about how James Joyce uses setting to better help his readers understand characterization in “Evelyn”. I am not scrutinizing some third person. I am having to analyze and expose myself.

So, in short, I am back from my brief hiatus. However, for the next three weeks I am on a different type of hiatus. I am living in Pennsylvania with my good friends Leah and Sarah Cook. I am working on Leah’s farm, living somewhere different for a little bit, and getting a new experience. So, you all can be expecting posts about life as a farmhand intermingled with posts detailing various trips I have recently taken. This past week as I got home from a trip to Greer’s Ferry with my friend, Laura Beth, my mother in all her profound wisdom quoted a line from Steel Magnolias that is pretty accurate for my current lifestyle: “I love you more than my luggage”. I believe if I ever told anyone that, it would be a sign of true affection. I really feel like my luggage has been my constant companion this summer, but we will talk about that later.

suitcase Anyway, here is a few shots of life so far in PA. More will come soon (this time I mean it).

A two hour delay due to an overbooked flight in Memphis, a broken plane, and unexpected plane swap in Cincinnati. lifesincePA 1251 

Compensation for my pains.lifesincePA 1255

The most welcomed sight of the day: my girls and some of my little Cookies. Please take note of Zeb being a gentleman and getting my bag :)lifesincePA 1261

The flowers Lucas and Zeb got for me when I arrived.lifesincePA 1284

Myself with the famous Duda logo.lifesincePA 1295

My new place of employment.lifesincePA 1272

Myself, Sarah, and Leah (using the Target windows to apply lipstick) after Panera Bread.lifesincePA 1296

Some of the crazy kids. lifesincePA 1294

If you can’t tell by my pictures, I am already loving my time  in PA. I cannot wait to see what blessings are still yet to unfold!

No comments: